Matcha Waiting For?
Matcha is a form of green tea made by taking tea leaves and grinding them into a green powder. Matcha tea itself is made by whisking the powder and hot water together. This is much different from green tea. Green tea is made by taking tea leaves and infusing them in water, eventually over time the tea leaves are removed completely. With matcha, you’re drinking the whole tea leaves, essentially garnering more nutrients.
Matcha has a great number of health benefits. Matcha is high in antioxidants, thus preventing your cells from potential damage. More specifically matcha contains the antioxidant catechins, which may help lower blood pressure. Lastly, drinking a cup of matcha daily is shown to have great benefits for strengthening tooth enamel. This is due to the fluoride the plant obtains from the soil.
CDC carries many snacks and beverages that contain matcha. Be sure to stock your break room with these items!
• Matcha Love Unsweetened Green Tea
• Matcha Love Sweetened Green Tea
• Rishi Organic Everyday Matcha Green Tea
• Vegan Robs (Rob’s?)Spinach Matcha Kettle Chips
• ITO EN Matcha Green Tea Traditional
• Matcha Love Organic Unsweetened Japanese Matcha & Ginger Tea
• Chamellia Matcha Green Tea Latte Mix
• MatchaBar Hint of Honey