Stress Reducing Snacks & Beverages
Indulge in these snacks and beverages while also reducing stress!
As hard as we try to avoid stress, sometimes it can be unavoidable. Instead of fighting your stress, try out some of our many stress reducing snacks and beverages!
Matcha– This vibrant green tea powder is popular among health enthusiasts because it’s rich in L-theanine, a non-protein amino acid with powerful stress-relieving properties. Rather than going for that third cup of coffee, give matcha a try!
- Matcha Love Organic Unsweetened Japanese Matcha & Ginger Tea
- MatchaBar Hint of Honey
- Matcha Love Unsweetened Green Tea
- Rishi Organic Everyday Matcha Green Tea
Chamomile Tea– Chamomile is a medicinal herb that has been used since ancient times as a natural stress reducer. Its tea and extract have been shown to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. Next time you feel stressed, try enjoying chamomile tea to calm down!
- Bigelow Cozy Chamomile Tea
- Chamellia Chamomile Tea
- Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus Tea
- Teatulia Chamomile Fine Cut Square Tea
- Twining’s Chamomile Honey & Vanilla Tea
Sunflower Seeds– Sunflower seeds are a rich source of vitamin E- a powerful antioxidant and is essential for mental health. They are also high in other stress-reducing nutrients, including magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, B vitamins, and copper. Try munching on our favorite sunflower seeds next time you feel stressed!
- David’s Sunflower Seeds
- Kar’s Sunflower Kernels
Chickpeas– Chickpeas are packed with stress-fighting vitamins and minerals- including magnesium, potassium, B vitamins, zinc, selenium, manganese, and copper. Lucky for you, we carry a wide variety of chickpea snacks!
- Biena Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- Biena Sea Salt Roasted Chickpeas
- Saffron Road Bombay Spice Crunchy Chickpeas
- Saffron Road Falafel Crunchy Chickpeas
- The Chaat Co Tamarind Chutney Chickpea Chips
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs Vegan White Cheddar
- Hippeas Organic Chickpea Bohemian BBQ Puff
Oatmeal– Carbohydrates can help the brain make serotonin, the same brain chemical that is regulated by certain antidepressants. Stress can cause your blood sugar to rise, therefore a complex carb like oatmeal won’t contribute to your already potential spike in blood glucose. Start your morning with one of these oatmeal’s!
- Bob’s Red Mill Oatmeal with Apple Pieces and Cinnamon
- Glutenfreeda Maple Raisin with Flax Instant Oatmeal
- Nature’s Path Sugar Free Hot Oatmeal Original
- Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Yogurt– The bacteria in your gut might be contributing to stress. Research has shown that the brain and gut communicate via body chemicals, which is why stress can inflame gastrointestinal symptoms. A happy gut equals a happy life- try some of these yogurts that are high in probiotics!
- Chobani 0% Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- Fage Total 2% Honey Yogurt
- Forager Organic Strawberry Cashewgurt Yogurt
- Noosa Blueberry Yogurt
- Oui by Yoplait Vanilla French Style Yogurt
- Siggi’s Non Fat Plain Yogurt
Pistachios– When you are overwhelmed, doing something repetitive with your hands may help calm you down. The act of shelling pistachios can help distract yourself from negative thoughts. Next time you feel overwhelmed shell some pistachios!
- Wonderful Pistachios
Dark Chocolate– Dark chocolate can help regulate your stress levels- it is known for reducing stress hormones! Try snacking on some of these treats next time you feel stressed!
- Bark Thins Dark Chocolate Almond
- Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai Blueberry
- Chocolove XOXOX Strong Dark Chocolate
- Dove 3 Flavor Assortment Dark Chocolate
- Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- NibMor Extreme Dark Chocolate Squares
- Raaka Coconut Milk Dark Chocolate 60% Cacao
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cup
- Wild Things Skinny Dipped Dark Chocolate Cocoa Almonds
Shop our full Stress Reducing Snacks & Beverages Collection on CDC’s Breaktime Shopify!
Explore CDC’s full product guide here.